The Student Senate serves as the governing body for students. The Student Senate provides supervision of the student activities, a forum for the expression of student rights, student culture and social welfare improvements, and recognition of the rights and responsibilities of students to the college and community.
Candidates for the office of Student Senator must submit nomination papers signed by 25 students and one faculty member within the student’s declared major.
To be eligible for the office of Student Senator you must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Enrolled for at least 12 hours at Wayne State College.
- Completed 12 hours at Wayne State College at the beginning of your term of office.
- Carry a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above.
- Must not be on disciplinary probation.
- Pursuing a Senator position for the academic department in which you have a declared major. (For example, an individual majoring in Chemistry would be pursuing a position within the Physical Sciences & Mathematics department).
- Gather signatures from the department or constituency you are representing.
- Attend at least two Student Senate meetings the semester prior to taking position.
- Sign the disclaimer stating you have read and agree to the “Election Rules and Regulations” handbook.
Student Senate Constitution available as PDF here: http://wildcat.wsc.edu/clubs/student_senate/files/constitution.pdf
WILL NEED ONLINE APPLICATION FORMS (see: http://wildcat.wsc.edu/clubs/student_senate/files/wsc_ss_president_application.pdf and http://wildcat.wsc.edu/clubs/student_senate/files/wsc_ss_application.pdf