The Holland Academic Success Center helps those students unsure of their academic major and career directions to select appropriate classes and explore career alternatives. Each undeclared student will be assigned an academic adviser by the Advising Center. Students who have a major but are not sure about their decision may elect to visit with one of the undeclared advisers about choices open to them.
What is academic advising?
- Academic advising is a process through which advisers assist students in developing life plans and career goals and in clarifying institutional requirements, policies, procedures, resources and educational options.
- The goal of all academic advising is assisting students to complete their academic programs and graduate from Wayne State College.
What can I expect from my academic adviser?
- Interest in your academic success and adjustment to college
- Consultation and/or referral
- Assistance with values clarification
- Information on career planning
- Explanation of requirements for majors and endorsements
- Assistance monitoring your academic progress
- Help with course selections
- Answers to your questions