Disability Services works to ensure equal access for students with disabilities at Wayne State College. Your personal and academic success is important to us.
Wayne State College welcomes all students and is committed to ensuring equal access to programs and campus life for everyone. The College provides reasonable accommodations to students who self-disclose documented disabilities under specific disability-related laws. Students with disabilities are encouraged to contact the Disability Services Coordinator to discuss accommodation inquiries. You are welcome to call 402-375-7451, 402-375-7505, or email [email protected], or stop by in person at the Disability Services office, located in the Kanter Student Center #12.
How to get registered with Disability Services:
- Apply and be accepted to Wayne State College.
- Complete the Registration Form (fillable PDF) and return to Disability Services by mail, email, or fax.
- Submit supporting documentation from a qualified professional. Refer to Documentation Guidelines (PDF) for more information.
- When Disability Services has received both the Registration Form and documentation, they will contact the student to schedule an intake meeting.
- The intake meeting will consist of a discussion of disability-related barriers, appropriate access solutions, and the process to use approved accommodations.
- After the intake meeting is completed, the student is registered with Disability Services and able to use approved accommodations.
- Keep a copy of your Accommodation Plan for reference when completing the Accommodation Request Form and Exam Request Form.
- Sign up for accommodations in your classes by completing the Accommodation Request Form.
- Sign up to take your exams with Disability Services by completing the Exam Request Form.
- Sign up at least three business days in advance of the test day
- Contact Disability Services at 402-375-7451, 402-375-7505, or [email protected] with questions or concerns.