Specialized Accreditation Overview
Specialized program accreditation processes sets the standards for professional or other specialized academic programs (for example, art, business, counseling, education) and evaluates the ability of the individual program to meet these standards.
Non-academic services and programs (for example, student counseling services) are also eligible for accreditation. Wayne State College’s commitment to quality and integrity in individual academic and non-academic programs is evidenced in the number of Wayne State’s academic and non-academic programs that have successfully achieved specialized accreditation.
Wayne State's specialized academic accreditations include:
- Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE)
- Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Council of Accreditation for Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE)
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- Nebraska Department of Education (NDE)