About the Support Staff Senate
The Support Staff Senate exists to contribute to the welfare of support staff employees; serve as a liaison among staff, administration, faculty, and students; and advise the administration in matters affecting the staff.
Through these purposes the Senate strives to contribute to the overall success of Wayne State College.
Officers and Senators
Senate membership shall be based on a representative system using the membership categories of: Academic (2), Operations and Maintenance (3), Administration Services (2), Campus Services (1), At Large (1).
Senators for the 2020-21 school year are:
- Academic – Shannon Reinke (plus one open position)
- O&M – Nick Beckman (plus two open positions)
- Administration Services – Amy Albrecht (plus one open position)
- Campus Services – Shawn Smith
- At-Large – (one open position)
The term of office shall be for two (2) years, with one-half of the body being elected each year. The offices for the Senate, which shall be elected for a term of one year are: Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer.
Officers for the 2020-21 school year are:
- Chair – Shawn Smith
- Vice Chair – Amy Albrecht
- Secretary – Shannon Reinke
- Treasurer – Nick Beckman
Please reach out to your senator of any of the officers with questions, concerns, and/or comments.
Meetings are at 9:30 a.m. on the second Tuesday of the month.
- Sept. 14 (Library Board Room)
- Oct. 12 (Library Board Room)
- Nov. 16 (Library Board Room)