Conn Library is the research and study hub of the Wayne State College Campus. The original 92' x 140' building was constructed in 1956, and a major addition was added in 1970. A total building renovation was completed in 2017. In addition to a valuable collection of books and periodicals, the library has modern amenities such as wireless internet access, comfortable new furniture, and Jitters Coffee Shop. The building also hosts the Holland Academic Success Center, the Teaching and Learning with Technology Center (TLTC), the Nordstrand Art Gallery, and the Wayne State College Archives.
A few key statistics about Conn Library
- The library building is more than 75,000 square feet on three levels
- 12 library staff members
- Open 90 hours per week during fall and spring semesters
- 350,000 volumes
- More than 48,000 periodical titles available online or in print
- 40 desktop computers available for patron use and 20 laptop computers available for checkout.
- The library is an official US Government Document Repository and selects 30% of U.S. Government publications for inclusion.
- Special Collections include the Children's Book Examination Center, Robert Zahniser Film Collection, and Val Peterson papers.
- Eighteen small group or individual study rooms are available for student use.