Wayne State College
Act Now

International Student Admissions

Transfer Students

Transferring from another college or university within the U.S?

Follow the steps below to complete the international transfer process:

1. Visit Us

Visits are not required, but highly recommended to find out of if we're the right fit for you.  Contact the WSC Admissions Office to experience campus, speak with an Admissions Counselor, and visit with a faculty member.
Call 866-WSC-CATS or schedule a visit online

2. Send Your Transcripts

Request an official copy of any and all transfer credits to be sent to the WSC Admissions Office. Transcripts may be sent to admissions@wsc.edu or on parchment by mail to:

Wayne State College
Office of Admissions
1111 Main Street
Wayne, NE 68787

Students who have earned college credits outside of the United States must have a course by course evaluation of their credits done. Determination of status is based on the recommendations and reports of professional and certified evaluation services (i.e., Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), World Education Services (WES), etc.). International students entering WSC may be required to enroll in transitional courses based on these evaluation services. This is to ensure that students have the appropriate background required to be successful in their program

3. Complete Your Application

Instructions for applying online:
1. You will need an email address to set up your account.
2. You can save your application at any time and submit at a later time.
3. If you are under 18, you'll need to have your parent or guardian present to submit your final application.

Apply Online Here

4. Evidence of Financial Support

Students must be able to finance a program of study without assistance from WSC. Download the Financial Resources Certification Form. This form must be filled out completely and correctly. Study in a foreign country always requires careful financial planning. International students accepted by WSC may enter the United States with an F-1 student visa. In accordance with U.S. Immigration Law, I-20 or F-1 visas can be issued only to persons who are pursuing a full-time course of study at an American college or university. Certificates of eligibility for visas cannot be issued until the student has proven ability to provide full financial support for the entire stay in this country. To obtain a certificate of eligibility, the Office of Admissions must be provided with official documents showing the source of funds for the entire period of study.

5. Handwritten Statement

A 300-to-500-word handwritten (not typed) statement of educational intent. Download and print our template, write your essay, scan and submit with your application materials.

6. Complete the International Transfer Form

Once admitted, you must complete the SEVIS Transfer-In Form. Download the form here.


Transferring from abroad (a foreign institution)?

Please contact our international admission rep for additional guidance:
Amy Albrecht
Email: amalbre1@wsc.edu
Phone: 402-375-7539