All international students, whether from abroad or already attending high school in the U.S., must complete the following steps and/or submit the materials listed below.
1. Complete Your Application
Instructions for applying online:
1. You will need an email address to set up your account.
2. You can save your application at any time and submit at a later time.
3. If you are under 18, you'll need to have your parent or guardian present to submit your final application.
A digital passport-sized photograph is required, along with your passport page or current national ID, as will appear on your passport.
3. Send Your Transcripts
Transcripts from secondary schools or a GED equivalency are necessary for all new incoming freshmen students.
For international students abroad: Official or certified true copies of academic transcripts from secondary schools or a GED equivalency (with English translation)
For international students in the U.S.: Official transcripts from your current U.S. insitution
Transcripts may be emailed to email@example.com or on parchment by mail to:
Wayne State College
Office of Admissions
1111 Main Street
Wayne, NE 68787
4. Evidence of Language Skills
Wayne State requires a high level of proficiency in English. This helps ensure that students who speak English as a second language are able to participate fully in college life, both in and out of class. In order to demonstrate proficiency, the following minimum scores are required for admission consideration:
Paper-based = 550 minimum (with no section scores below 56)
Computer-based = 213 minimum (with no section scores below 22)
Internet-based = 79 minimum
6.5 minimum score
1. You can substitute the TOEFL or IELTS with an ACT or SAT score report.
2. Official evidence of English language skills must come directly from the testing agency.
3. ESL and intensive English language instruction is available through community colleges within a one-hour drive of Wayne State College.
5. Evidence of Financial Support
Students must be able to finance a program of study without assistance from WSC. Download the Financial Resources Certification Form. This form must be filled out completely and correctly. Study in a foreign country always requires careful financial planning. International students accepted by WSC may enter the United States with an F-1 student visa. In accordance with U.S. Immigration Law, I-20 or F-1 visas can be issued only to persons who are pursuing a full-time course of study at an American college or university. Certificates of eligibility for visas cannot be issued until the student has proven ability to provide full financial support for the entire stay in this country. To obtain a certificate of eligibility, the Office of Admissions must be provided with official documents showing the source of funds for the entire period of study.
6. Handwritten Statement
A 300-to-500-word handwritten (not typed) statement of educational intent. Download and print our template, write your essay, scan and submit with your application materials.