Wayne State College

International Student Admissions

I Am Accepted, Now What?

1. Get the Appropriate Visa

Once an international student is accepted for admission by WSC, the student will be issued a Form I-20 "Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F-1." You will be asked to send a Pre-Paid Courier Mailing in order for the I-20 to be sent to you. 

To apply for an F-1 visa, follow these steps:

  • Pay your SEVIS fee. You will need information from the Form I-20 to pay the fee. Learn more about the SEVIS fee.
  • Apply for the F-1 visa. There are several steps to apply for a visa. Please consult the instructions for applying for an F-1 student visa at the embassy or consulate website where you live. There is an application fee.
  • Schedule an interview. Schedule an appointment for your visa interview at the US Embassy or Consulate in the country where you live. Wait time for interview appointments vary by location, season, and visa category, so you should apply for your visa early.
  • Make travel arrangements to Wayne State College. Once granted an F-1 visa, you can making arrangements to travel to Wayne State College. It is important to remember that visa regulations prohibit students from arriving more than 30 days in advance of the semester start date in their Form I-20.

Questions about this process?
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 402-375-7749

Note for Canadian Citizens: If you are a Canadian citizen, you do not need a visa to attend. Instead, you are required at the port of entry to present a certificate of eligibility for non-immigrant status (the I-20 we provide with your admission letter) and evidence of adequate funding for your proposed program of study. You will then be issued a card indicating your student visa status. Learn more here

2. Register for Classes

Once class schedules are set, and you have been admitted to Wayne State College, you will receive a letter from our admissions office with instructions to schedule advising. You are asked to contact the admissions office to set up advising appointments for registration. We will work with you to schedule a time with a faculty member in your major area. In addition to setting up a registration appointment, we will ensure that you receive the information you need to make a smooth transition to Wayne State College. As a transfer student, you will be able to register for classes at the same time as current WSC students.

Spring Semester - Registration typically begins the second week in November.
Fall Semester - Registration typically begins the first week in April.

3. Complete the Student Health Form

In addition to the admission application materials, you'll need to complete the Student Health Form.

Students from foreign countries (including international students) must be screened for Tuberculosis, also known as TB. Prior to the first day of attendance in classes, applicants from foreign countries are required to present a record of a TB skin test (Mantoux) or FDA-approved IGRA blood test (Quantiferon Gold or T-spot TB) completed within (6) months prior to the first enrollment. If either of the tests is positive, a chest X-ray is required.  The cost of the TB testing and X-ray is borne by the student. If a student lives in a country that does not offer the TB tests, the student must undergo testing upon arrival to Wayne State College. TB skin testing is available for students at Wayne State College Student Health office. Call 402-375-7470 to schedule your TB skin test.

4. Apply for Housing

  • All freshmen are required to live on campus
  • Complete the housing application form and submit the appropriate one-time deposit of $50
  • The sooner you apply for housing the better.

Important: The campus will close during certain holidays (approximately three weeks out of the year). Food services will NOT be available during this time. International students can stay in their residence halls at no additional cost during the following breaks: Mid-term break in October, Thanksgiving break in November, semester break in December, and spring break in March. International students may request to stay on campus during these holidays by completing a form available from Residence Life. Students have to make their own arrangements for meals.

Learn More About Our Residence Halls

5. Release of Information

Download and complete the Student Release of Information Form to allow your financial account information and academic records to be discussed with parents or other authorized parties.