Health Records and Immunization
Wayne State College Student Health Services is committed to providing the best possible health services for our students. In an effort to do so, it is mandatory for us to have:
- A student health form on file
- A copy of current immunization records
- A meningitis information sheet
To avoid any delays in your registration process, please comply with this request as soon as possible. All questions, concerns, completed forms, and copies may be directed/returned to the Student Health office.
Show proof of two MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) Vaccinations or show proof of a Positive Blood Titer to Measles (Rubeola). Attach a copy of lab results.
International students only: Must be screened for Tuberculosis. A negative Tuberculin (TB) Skin Test must be done six months prior to enrollment. Positive TB results require a Chest X-Ray. Attach a copy of testing results and/or X-ray reports.
Exemption: The Nebraska State College System does have allowances for exemption from immunization. An immunization waiver form can be requested from the WSC Student Health Office pertaining to a medical, religious, or temporary exemption.
Please complete the student health form and return to the Student Health Office. Failure to act in a timely manner can delay your enrollment.
The following immunizations are not required, but are recommended:
- Menactra (Meningitis) Vaccine (on the second page of health form)
- Hepatitis B Series-A series of three shot usually given in childhood
- Hepatitis A Series-A series of two shots or of three if given in combination with Hep B shots
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) Series-A series of two shots if no history of Chicken Pox Disease
- Tetanus, Diptheria, Attenuated Pertussis-Tdap is preferred OR Td Booster within the last 10 years
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)-A Series of three shots for females