About the Integrated Technology Support Degree Program
The wide and growing field of technology often demands assistance and training for users. If you have a passion for computers and a desire to aid people in proper use of technology, the integrated technology support concentration could be the perfect fit for you. This program will prepare you to perform troubleshooting of computer hardware, software, and related systems. You’ll be able to effectively deliver technical assistance, advice, and other forms of support and training to users of information systems, and have the skills to manage the entire tech support department of an organization. You’ll master a range of technologies and tools to support the performance of work in this field. You’ll explore the art and science of serving end users at all levels. You’ll also learn interaction and people skills to complement your technical skills so you can make a difference in the field of tech support.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Our Focus is Results
In the integrated technology support degree program, Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world.
- Computer hardware setup/maintenance
- Operating systems configuration and maintenance
- Networking support essentials
- Telecommunications/voice-over-IP setup and support
- Robotics networking and support skills
- Computer hardware troubleshooting
- Computer applications support essentials
- Operating systems troubleshooting
- Accessing technical and end-user documentation
- IT help desk staff/manager
- Hardware/operating system deployment specialist
- Network technician
- IT project manager
- End-user/applications support specialist
- Robotics support technician or deployment specialist
- End-user training specialist/manager
- IT departments
- Computer hardware or applications vendors
- Computer repair centers
- Information technology product retailers
- Network or internet service providers
- Telecommunications companies
- End-user support and training providers
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Research and development departments
- Law enforcement agencies
Learn From the Best
Our faculty are accomplished. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in the IT support degree program.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education in the IT support degree program by participating in clubs, organizations, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
- Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career! Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester. Projects in this field typically include website development opportunities for local non-profit and community organizations.
- Competitions, trips, and more – Show your skills and compete for awards at robotics and programming competitions, attend guest speaker events, and tour professional IT facilities to learn more about your field and meet pros in the industry.
- Community events – Conduct workshops to help teach computing topics to local senior citizen groups, help promote the technology recycling program, serve as a judge for the Web Wizardry Competition, and even present at local schools for technology career days.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
As part of your studies, you’ll complete a project for a “real-world” business to earn credit toward your degree. We also frequently employ students in our Network and Technology Services Department to give you additional field experience. Career Services is available to help you find internship and employment opportunities as well.