In addition to having the region’s most affordable tuition, we offer thousands of dollars in scholarships every year. Learn more about scholarships and financial aid to pursue your engineering technology degree at Wayne State College.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology
Engineering technology is a practical application of science and engineering to a wide range of real-world challenges. Wayne State College now offers a new degree in this field, the only one of its kind in Nebraska. With a bachelor's degree in engineering technology, you’ll be prepared to work with engineers on a wide variety of projects using basic engineering principles and technical skills. The work will focus on product improvement, manufacturing, construction, and engineering operational functions. As an engineering technologist, you’ll oversee the use of technologies recommended by engineers, train and provide support for end users, assist engineers in data gathering and assessment technologies, and provide other support to engineers and the organizations they serve. While engineers focus on the theoretical aspects, an engineering technology degree will lead you to a career in using practical skills and a conceptual understanding of science to achieve your goal.
Percent of recent WSC graduates employed or in graduate school
based on the most recent graduate survey
Engineering Technology Degree Outcomes
Wayne State has the keys to your success and offers just what you need to become well prepared for the real world for your bachelor's degree in engineering technology.
- Manufacturing and drafting
- Manufacturing technology
- Material science and composite material
- CNC machining
- Electronics and controls
- Computer integrated manufacturing
- Project management
Engineering Technology Careers
- Electrical engineering technologist
- Production manager
- Material manger
- Manufacturing technologist
- Maintenance technologist
- Mechanical design drafter
- Construction engineering technologist
- Architectural engineering technologist
- Construction companies
- Architecture firms
- Engineering firms
- Infrastructure companies
- Government / federal agencies
- Fabrication companies
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Transportation companies
- Power and utility companies
Learn From the Best
Our faculty are accomplished. Several are highly regarded as experts and have been recognized with notable honors and awards. And with a low student-to-faculty ratio, you'll be sure to receive an excellent education in the engineering technology degree program.
Outside the Classroom
At Wayne State College, you’ll have opportunities to enhance your education in the engineering technology degree program by participating in clubs, organizations, art shows, internships, and more.
Clubs and Organizations
- Associated General Contractors of America
- American Society of Safety Professionals
Make a difference in the community while learning skills you can apply toward your future career. Wayne State’s Service-Learning program has received national awards in recognition of outstanding community service, with more than 400 students participating in Service-Learning projects each semester.
- Field trips – Visit local construction and manufacturing facilities to meet pros in the industry and check out behind-the-scenes operations.
- Peer tutoring and mentoring programs – Help fellow students master their courses and improve their skills, or be part of a support system for new students, all while gaining valuable experience for your resume.
- Study Abroad - Earn credit toward your degree while experiencing exciting global adventures overseas.
You’ll have a chance to work with local companies in this field to help you gain experience and earn credit toward your engineering technology degree. Career Services is also available to help you find the best internship opportunities.