- 911 from any campus phone or cellphone
- 402-375-7216 for direct access to the Wayne State College Campus Security Department
- 402-375-2626 for the Wayne Police Department
The Wayne State College Campus Security Department responds to all emergencies on campus. It is recommended that you enter their phone number in your cellphone as a speed dial number.
Accident or Injury
In case of any accident on campus involving personal injuries or property damage, Wayne State College Security should be contacted at 402-375-7216 as soon as possible. An “Incident/Accident” report must be completed for any student accident involving personal injury or property damage. Security will assist in seeking appropriate medical attention as needed.
Become familiar with what you should do in the event of an emergency, like weather and natural disasters or building and personnel situations. Learn emergency procedures.
Stay updated with our Facebook page
Campus Security Department
Wayne State is proud to be a safe campus community. Wayne State Campus Security ensures a safe learning, working, and living environment for faculty, staff, students, and visitors. In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, we enlist the help of all campus community members through community policing.
There are also many on- and off-campus resources available to you in Wayne, including for alcohol and drug dependency, sexual assault, crisis counseling, and more.
What We Do
Wayne State College Campus Security believes that a community committed to the prevention of crime promotes the safest possible environment. That's why our focus is on crime prevention and campus safety. Here's how we do that.
Officers patrol the campus on foot, on bicycle and in a marked security vehicle. Officers provide a visible deterrent and active response to criminal activity.
Escort services are available to campus members and visitors. A campus security officer or campus safety patrol personnel will accompany pedestrians on campus property during night-time hours or anytime a person is apprehensive about walking alone.
Security Shuttle Service
Security shuttle service will provide transportation to campus members. The shuttle is driven by a uniformed security officer and radio dispatched by Campus Security.
Crime Prevention Officer
A full-time crime prevention officer presents programs to educate, inform and encourage all members of the college community to practice crime prevention techniques. The information and programs available from the crime prevention officer include:
- Student and parent orientation
- Crime prevention techniques
- Personal property security
- Sexual harassment, assault, and rape prevention
- Victim assistance
- Brochures, videos, and other materials
- Programs and presentations are scheduled annually and are also available upon request.
- Maintenance and security of campus facilities are the responsibilities of the entire campus community. Staff members attend to the college’s buildings and grounds with consideration for safety and security. Report irregular conditions, such as broken windows or locks, burned out lights, or other hazards, to the Campus Security Department at 402-375-7216. The security officers will respond promptly to safety and security concerns. Security will contact maintenance staff in a timely manner and inform them of each situation.
Crime alerts and crime reports are released when serious crimes occur that are considered to be a continuous threat to members of the campus community. When circumstances warrant, information may be provided to the campus community through:
- Personal notification
- The Wayne Stater (student newspaper)
- KWSC radio station
- KWSC television station
- Employee newsletters
- Rave (campus text alerts)
Lockouts and Flat Tires
If you have locked your keys in your car or have a flat tire, Campus Security can help. We can unlock your car and fill up your tire.
The Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) serves as an information clearinghouse and early intervention vehicle to assess and manage potentially dangerous situations and to assist students experiencing difficulty. The team also serves as a resource to faculty, staff, and students who may have a concern about another member of the campus community. Learn more about BIT.
Wildcat Wheels: Safe Rides for Free
Out late? Bad date? Or do you just need a study break? Wildcat Wheels provides free safe rides within Wayne city limits to WSC students and their guests. The service runs from 10 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. Thursday through Saturday during the fall and spring semesters. No food runs after 12:30 a.m. Call 402-375-7590 for the Wildcat Wheels service.
It is federally required to disclose information about crime on campuses and the surrounding community. View the 2022 Security and Fire Safety Report (PDF).
Campus Security Officers
Security Officer II
Campus Security Manager
Security Officer II
Security Officer II