Wayne State utilizes shared mailboxes for departments and student organizations wherein multiple individuals need to access the same mailbox. Below are instructions on how to access a shared mailbox on WSC computers, mobile devices, and Macs.
From WSC Computer
WSC computers running Windows all have Outlook preinstallled with built-in access to shared mailboxes. To access, simply open the Outlook application from the Start menu or search bar (bottom left), walk through the initial setup (will automatically log you in based on the account you logged into the computer with), and Outlook should open with access to both your personal WSC email as well as any shared mailboxes you have access to.
From Mobile Device
Shared mailboxes can only be access from a mobile device using the official Outlook app. It will not work with any other email application (such as Gmail or iOS Mail). For instructions on how to install and setup the Outlook app click here.
1. Open the application and tap the home icon in the top left (which will open a menu), and tap the icon below your previously added accounts (icon is an envelope with a plus sign).
2. Tap add shared mailbox, if prompted select which account the shared mailbox is associated with, then type in the email for that shared account.
3. Tap add shared mailbox button which will add that mailbox to the list of accounts within the app.
Shared mailboxes can only be access from a Mac using the official Outlook app. It will not work with any other email application (such as Mail).
1. Open the application and click File from the menubar, select Open, select Other User's Folder...
2. Select Inbox from the folder type drop-down menu.
3. Enter the email for your shared mailbox in the search box and select it from the list. Click Open.
Outlook will add your shared mailbox with your previously added accounts in the sidebar on the left.
Please contact the Campus Service Center at 402-375-7107 or visit us in the library if you need further assistance.