Dr. Adolfo Cacheiro
Sigma Delta Pi
Sigma Delta Pi is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies. Its motto is the Greek phrase “Spanías Didagéi Proágomen” meaning “Let’s go/continue forth under the teaching/guidance of the Spanish language.” The society’s insignia is the royal seal of Fernando and Isabel, representing Castille, León, and Aragón. Sigma Delta Pi’s colors are red and gold, and its flower is the red carnation.
The purposes of Sigma Delta Pi are to:
- Honor those who attain excellence in the study of the Spanish language and in the study of the literature and culture of the Spanish-speaking peoples.
- Honor those who have made the Hispanic contributions to modern culture better known in the English-speaking world.
- Encourage college and university students to acquire a greater interest in and a deeper understanding of Hispanic culture.
- Foster friendly relations and mutual respect between the nations of Hispanic speech and those of English speech.
- Serve its membership in ways that will contribute to the attainment of the goals and ideals of the society.