4 p.m. on Fridays
Kappa Kappa Psi
Kappa Kappa Psi is a national honorary fraternity that provides service to the college band program. Membership requires participation in one of the WSC bands. The purposes of Kappa Kappa Psi are to:
- Promote the existence and welfare of the college band and to cultivate a wholesome respect for its activities and achievements.
- Honor outstanding band members through privilege of membership extended as a reward for technical achievements and appreciation for the best in music.
- Stimulate campus leadership and encourage an uncompromising respect through the medium of the college band, for gracious conduct, good taste, and uncompromising loyalty.
- Foster a close relationship between college bands and promote a high average of attainment by the performance of good music and selection of worthwhile projects.
- Provide a pleasant and helpful social experience for all engaged in college band work and to cooperate with other musical organizations in any manner consistent with the mission of Wayne State College.