4 p.m. on Fridays
Kappa Kappa Psi
Kappa Kappa Psi is a national honorary fraternity that provides service to the college band program. Membership requires participation in one of the WSC bands. The purposes of Kappa Kappa Psi are to:
- Promote the existence and welfare of the college band and to cultivate a wholesome respect for its activities and achievements.
- Honor outstanding band members through privilege of membership extended as a reward for technical achievements and appreciation for the best in music.
- Stimulate campus leadership and encourage an uncompromising respect through the medium of the college band, for gracious conduct, good taste, and uncompromising loyalty.
- Foster a close relationship between college bands and promote a high average of attainment by the performance of good music and selection of worthwhile projects.
- Provide a pleasant and helpful social experience for all engaged in college band work and to cooperate with other musical organizations in any manner consistent with the mission of Wayne State College.
Eligibility: Open to outstanding members of the college band program