- View all help sheets
Help by technology
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Campus Cable TV
- Cat Card
- Classroom Technology
- File Storage
- Get Connected (Internet)
- M365 (Office 365)
- Make Me Admin
- Multifactor Authentication (Duo)
- myEportfolio (Chalk & Wire)
- Office Technology
- Online Student Resources
- Outlook Email
- PaperCut (Printing)
- Rave (Campus Text Alerts)
- Room Schedule Displays
- SANS Security Training
- Valt (Classroom Video Recording)
- WSC Password
- Zoom (Video Conferencing)
Multifactor Authentication (Duo) Enrollment
Duo’s self-enrollment process makes it easy to register your phone and install the Duo Mobile application on your smartphone or tablet. If you are simply trying to change your Duo settings, follow step 1 and then skip to step 10.
Step 1. Enroll in Multifactor Authentication (Duo) using TrueYou
1. Go to TrueYou at trueyou.nebraska.edu. Click Login. Sign on with either your WSC credentials or your NUID.
2. Click Manage TrueYou Duo Two-Factor Devices.
3. Check the I Agree box and click Submit. By checking the box, you are agreeing to that fact that you will be required to use Duo for certain campus services.
Step 2. Duo Setup Screen
You will then see the Duo setup screen. Click Start Setup to begin enrolling your device.
Step 3. Choose the Type of Device You’re Enrolling
1. Select the type of device you’d like to enroll and click Continue. It is recommended to use a smartphone for the best experience, but you can also enroll a landline telephone or iOS/Android tablet.
Step 4. Type Your Phone Number
1. Select your country from the drop-down list and type your phone number. Use the number of your smartphone, landline or cell phone that you’ll have with you when you’re logging in to a Duo-protected service. You can enter an extension if you chose “Landline” in the previous step.
Note: If you’re enrolling a tablet, you will not be prompted to enter a phone number.
2. Double-check that you entered it correctly, check the box, and click Continue.
Step 5. Verify Ownership of Number
1. Choose to have Duo Call me or Text me at the number you entered.
2. If you chose to receive a text, enter the code in the field and click Verify. Once it has been verified, click Continue.
Step 6. Link your Phone Number to a Device and/or Add Another Device (recommended)
If you want to use your phone for push notifications, click Add another device.
Step 7. Choose Your Device Platform
Choose your device’s operating system and click Continue.
Step 8. Install Duo Mobile
Duo Mobile is an app that runs on your smartphone or tablet and helps you authenticate quickly and easily.
1. Follow the platform-specific instructions on the screen to install Duo Mobile.
2. After installing Duo, return to the enrollment window and click I have Duo Mobile Installed.
Step 9. Activate Duo Mobile
Activating the app links it to your account so you can use it for authentication.
1. Open Duo on your smartphone or tablet.
2. Press Add Account.
3. Hold your phone up to the screen so it can scan the barcode.
4. When you have successfully scanned the barcode, a check mark will appear and you can click Continue.
5. Can’t scan the barcode? Click Or, have an activation link emailed to you instead. and follow the instructions.
Step 10. Configure Automatic Device Options (Optional)
1. Add another device (Recommended) – Click Add another device to start the enrollment process again and add a second phone or device.
Note: It is recommended that you register at least two devices, for example, both your smartphone and your office phone. If your smartphone is unavailable, you will still be able to login using your secondary device.
2. Rename your device - Click Device Options to give your device a more descriptive name.
3. Delete a device – Click Device Options and click the trashcan button beside the device you wish to delete.
4. Setting a Default device - If this is the device that you’ll use most often with Duo, then you will want to choose it as your Default Device.
5. Automatic Notification Settings - You may also want to change the “When I log in:” option to either “Automatically send this device a Duo push” (smartphones only) or “Automatically call this device” so you are not prompted each time to choose an authentication method.
Step 11. Click Continue to Login to proceed to the authentication prompt.
Your device is ready to approve Duo authentication requests.
Please contact the Campus Service Center at 402-375-7107 or email@example.com if you need further assistance.
Last Updated: 11/25/2019