Available Employment Positions at WSC
- View all open positions
TitleDirector for External Relations and Communications
Supervision receivedThis position reports to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Risk Management and works closely with Chadron, Peru, and Wayne State Colleges to support enrollment efforts at each college.
Position TypeProfessional Staff
Salary$50,000-$55,000 with generous benefit package.
Required Qualifications• A bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, business, or related field
• Ability to produce media releases and develop relationships with media organizations
• Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Capacity to work under tight time pressures and maintain a high level of accuracy
• Ability to work collaboratively within a small team-focused environment
• Experience using social media as a strategic brand positioning and messaging channel
• Strong computer literacy skills
Nature of workResponsible for developing and implementing a system-level communications and external relation strategy consistent with the policies, mission and strategic plan of the Board of Trustees.
Responsibilities• Draft effective public communication including speeches, media releases, and advertising
• Foster and maintain positive relationships with media and constituencies
• Maintain the NSCS website and social medial accounts
• Plan events and public relations activities
• Develop and maintain comprehensive communications strategies and marketing campaigns
Application ProcedureCover letter and resume should be sent to: Angela DuVall Melton, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Risk Management, Nebraska State College System, 1327 H Street, Suite 200, Lincoln, NE 68508 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional InformationAdditional information on the position and qualifications can be found at www.nscs.edu.
Review of applications will begin on March 16, 2018, thus early application is encouraged.
General InformationThe NSCS is an equal opportunity employer.