Technology Procedure Categories
This document outlines acceptable use guidelines for Microsoft OneDrive.
Who should read this document?
WSC Faculty, Staff, and Students.
Microsoft OneDrive Use Guidelines
Microsoft OneDrive is a convenient cloud based storage system for your work and school related files. OneDrive is the only campus supported, cloud based file sharing and storage application.
1. Documents stored and shared in OneDrive are subject to the Data Classification and Systems Matrix.
- The documents you place on your OneDrive are only available to you, unless you decide to share them with others within, or outside of the organization.
- The Data Classification and Systems Matrix provides guidance about what types of data should be stored in OneDrive, and with whom it is acceptable to share with.
- Network and Technology Services is utilizing Data Loss Prevention tools to assist you with following the Data Classification and Systems Matrix recommendations.
2. Documents deleted from OneDrive for Business are subject to the Disaster Recovery Data Retention Procedures.
3. Files that are primarily owned by a department or school should continue to reside on the G: drive. (I.E. if the document should survive past your tenure at WSC, then it should remain on the G: drive).
Please contact the Campus Service Center at 402-375-7107 or visit us in the library if you have any other questions.
Last Updated: 10/9/2019