- View all help sheets
Help by technology
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Campus Cable TV
- Campus Telephone
- Cat Card
- Faculty/Staff/Student Email
- File Storage
- Game Rooms
- Get Connected (Wifi)
- Make Me Admin
- Multifactor Authentication (Duo)
- myEportfolio (Chalk & Wire)
- Office 365
- Online Student Resources
- PaperCut (Copy/Fax/Print)
- Rave (Campus Text Alerts)
- Room Schedule Displays
- SANS Security Training
- Valt (Classroom Video Recording)
- WSC Password
- Zoom (Video Conferencing)
Can't find what you're looking for in our help sheets?
Invite, Create, Request Parent/Guest to Access your Information
Each parent/guest will create and use, or use a NUID (a unique individual code specific to the Nebraska College and University Systems), and password to access your information. Each student has their own NUID that each parent/guest will use in a one time account set up to access your information.
This part of the process consists of the following steps:
a. Student invites parent/guest to access their information.
b. (Option 1) Parent/Guest creates a guest account (NUID and password) and requests access to student's information.
c. (Option 2) Parent/Guest requests access to a student's information with an NUID.
Student invites parent/guest to access their information
1. Send a notification to your parent/guest to begin the process using WildcatsOnline. Go to the WSC home page, click on myWSC at the top, and log in. Select WildcatsOnline from the the Top Applications section.
2. Click the Profile tab at the top of the page and select the Parent/Guest Access button in the My Links section on the right.
3. Click the Notify New Guest button.
4. Type your parent/guest's email address in the Email Address text box for your parent/guest to receive more information regarding the process. It will include a link to TrueYou, which they can use to create and manage their parent/guest account, along with your NUID, which they will need to request access to your information.
(Option 1) Parent/Guest creates a guest account (NUID and password) and requests access to student's information
1. Go to the TrueYou website https://trueyou.nebraska.edu
2. Click the Request Account button at the bottom of the page.
3. Complete the fields on the page and click Submit. Make note of the password the parent/guest entered. The parent/guest will use this password to access your information.
4. Check the email account you provided for a confirmation email.
5. Make note of the Username/NUID included in the email. This is what the parent/guest will use to access your information.
6. Click on the link in the email to validate the email address.
7. Click on the link to log into TrueYou with the Username/NUID that was included in the email and the password that parent/guest entered on the Request Account form.
8. Click Request Guest Access.
9. Enter the NUID of the student that was provided in the A student has invited you to view their information email and click Submit.
10. The student will receive an email notifying them that your account is ready for them to grant access.
(Option 2) Parent/Guest requests access to a student's information with an NUID
1. Go to the TrueYou website https://trueyou.nebraska.edu and Log in with your NUID and password. If you don’t know your NUID and/or password, use the links on the page.
2. After logging in, click Request Guest Access and enter the NUID of the student, which is listed in the A student has invited you to view their information email.
3. Click Submit.
4. The student will receive an email notifying them that your account is ready for them to grant access.
Last Updated: 9/9/2019