- View all help sheets
Help by technology
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Campus Cable TV
- Campus Telephone
- Cat Card
- Outlook Email
- File Storage
- Game Rooms
- Get Connected (Wifi)
- Make Me Admin
- Multifactor Authentication (Duo)
- myEportfolio (Chalk & Wire)
- Office 365
- Online Student Resources
- PaperCut (Copy/Fax/Print)
- Rave (Campus Text Alerts)
- Room Schedule Displays
- SANS Security Training
- Valt (Classroom Video Recording)
- WSC Password
- Zoom (Video Conferencing)
Can't find what you're looking for in our help sheets?
Zoom - Share Screen with Computer Lab
In this guide there are 4 steps on how to share your computer screen with students in a computer lab.
Step 1 walks you through how to create your WSC Pro Zoom account. (You only have to do this once.)
Step 2 explains how to download and install Zoom on your device.
Step 3 shows you how to schedule a reaccuring Zoom meeting for the future using the Zoom desktop software. ]
Step 4 explains how to start a Zoom meeting from an email invite.
Step 1. Zoom Account Creation (One time only)
Before you can start a Zoom meeting and/or invite others to your Zoom meeting, you have to create a WSC Zoom account.
Note: Students do not create an account. They are guests invited to your meeting. Zoom Pro accounts are only available to WSC faculty and staff.
1. Open Firefox as your internet browser.
2. Go to wsc.zoom.us
3. Click Sign In.
4. Type in your WSC Username and Password and click the Login button.
Step 2. Download Zoom Program
After you create a WSC Zoom account, the second step is to download and install the Zoom program to your device.
Note: If you have already downloaded the Zoom program skip down to #3.
1. Sign into Zoom at wsc.zoom.us
2. Click on My Meetings in the left menu.
3. Click the Start button on your personal meeting room.
4. It will automatically download and launch the Zoom application.
Step 3. Schedule a Future Reccuring Zoom Meeting
Start from Desktop Software
1. Open Zoom.
2. Sign in using the Sign in with SSO option.
3. Type in wsc and press Continue.
4. Enter WSC Username and Password.
5. Click the Schedule button.
6. In the Topic textbox, type in the name of the meeting and check the box next to Recurring meeting. You do not need to fill out the When information.
7. In the Video (when joining a meeting) section, select Off for the Host and the Participants.
8. In the Audio Options section, select Telephone Only. This requires participants/students to call into the meeting with their phone to share their audio in the meeting. This eliminates the possiblity of a participant joining the meeting with a computer that has a webcam connected and it automatically shares the audio.
9. In the Meeting Options section, check the box next to Enable join before host, if you want participants to be able to join the meeting before you, the Host. This does allow participants to join the meeting at any time even outside of class.
If you do not want to allow students to join before you, leave the box unchecked.
10. In the Calendar section, select Outlook.
11. Click the Schedule button.
12. If you selected Outlook as your Calendar, Outlook will open and create a new email meeting connection information.
13. In the new email, add the email addresses of the meeting participants and yourself to the To textbox and check the Start Time and End Time to make sure they are correct. You can paste the students' email addresses in the To field or copy the connection information in the body of the email and paste it into an email using the program you normally use to contact your students. This could be the Messages tool in a Canvas course or in WildcatsOnline.
14. In email program or Outlook, click Send.
Step 4. Join the Meeting
1. Login to email program and Open the email and click the Join from PC website link.
Last Updated: 9/13/2019