- View all help sheets
Help by technology
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Campus Cable TV
- Campus Telephone
- Cat Card
- Faculty/Staff/Student Email
- File Storage
- Game Rooms
- Get Connected
- myEportfolio (Chalk & Wire)
- O365 (Office 2016)
- OneDrive for Business
- Online Student Resources
- PaperCut (Copy/Fax/Print)
- Rave (Campus Text Alerts)
- Room Schedule Displays
- Sakai (Current Version)
- Sakai 11
- Valt (Classroom Video Recording)
- WSC Password
- Zoom (Video Conferencing)
Can't find what you're looking for in our help sheets?
When I have used my allocated budget ($50) how I can get more funds added to my account?
Allocations are distributed at the beginning of the Spring and Fall semesters. If during the semester more funds are needed you will need to visit the circulation desk and purchase additional funds.
Note: The library currently only accepts cash when purchasing additional funds.
Where can I print to the new system from?
- From any campus managed computer (labs and offices)
- From any machine on or off-campus with a web-browser via web print (login through eCampus and select Online Resources/Papercut New
- From your own personal Windows or MacOS computer with the Papercut client installed(documentation coming soon)
- From your Apple phone or tablet via AirPrint (documentation coming soon)
- From your Android phone or tablet via Google cloud print (documentation coming soon)
- From a print submission laptop in the library
What are these “FollowMe” things?
The FollowMe printers allow you to print to any public copier or printer on campus via any of the methods above and pick up your job at any matching copier or printer. Simply select the type of device you want to pick your print job up from (Sharp or HP), and select color (C) or black and white (BW). Send your print job and the release your print job at the copier/printer. Copiers are located in many buildings around campus, but the primary buildings for public printing are US Conn Library and the Kanter Student Center.
The FollowMe queues are:
- HP_BW_FollowMe (for HP printers in public labs and residence halls)
- Sharp_BW_FollowMe (for black and white printing to any Sharp copier)
- Sharp_Color_FollowMe (for color printing only to the Sharp color copiers only)
Which devices are color?
- The Sharp 5141 copiers are color capable. You can send a black and white print job to any copier (including the 5141) using the Sharp_BW_FollowMe printer and you’ll only be billed for black and white, regardless of which device you release the job on. If you want to submit a color job, you need to submit it to the color Sharp_Color_FollowMe printer.
I’m a faculty or staff member, do I use the FollowMe printer?
- You can, if you wish to not have your print job printed out before you arrive at the copier or printer or you want to print in another building and pick your job up there.
- Every office computer will also have a direct print queue to all copiers and printers in the same building. Keep in mind that print jobs are billed to budget codes by user now, not by device, so if someone else prints to a device in your area, you aren’t paying for that print job. The direct print queues are in the format BUILDINGROOM-device#-brand-(C or BW for color or black & white), so, for example, CBN126-1-sharp-C. The direct queue functions just like a normal printer, except that Papercut will confirm the shared account (the Papercut name for a budget code) you wish to use when you send the print job.
I’m a student, do I have a budget code?
- In most cases, no, but you do have a personal account with your Papercut pre-paid semester balance (still $50/semester) in it. If you’re working for an office on campus and they’ve enabled using your Cat Card for office work, you may also be able to print to a shared account when printing for your job.
I work in an office, who do I order copier/printer supplies from?
- The system will alert Central Supply when your device is running low on toner and Renee will deliver that to the central office in your building. Please remember not to switch toner in the device until it actually runs out so that we aren’t wasting toner cartridges.
- You still order your paper from Central Supply as before. Because the vast majority of printing on campus is on 8 ½ x 11 white paper, that paper is included in your per imprint print costs and the order for that paper will be free from Central Supply. We realize this isn’t a perfect system when you’re printing on color or large format paper. We will look for ways to improve this as we understand the full capabilities of the system.
I’m a faculty or staff member, do I need to use my Cat Card to use the copier?
- To send a print job to the copier from your desk using the direct queue, no, you simply print to the device, select the shared account(budget code) from the popup, and pick up your job on the device.
- To use the copier functions on your local device or to pick up your print job on a copier in a different building, you either need to use your Cat Card or login to the copier using your WSC username and password at the copier keyboard. This allows the system to charge the job to a budget code and those budget codes are assigned to your WSC account via your username or your Cat Card.
If I send a print job to a FollowMe queue, how long do I have to release my print job?
- A print job will stay in the FollowMe queue for 36 hours before it is removed from your account.
How do I fax a document?
- To send a fax, tap your Cat Card on a Sharp copier with faxing capabilities. Next, select the appropriate account to charge the fax to. Then, select the Fax button and type in the phone number of where you want to send your fax. Note: ** DO NOT USE 9** when typing in the phone number, so, for example, 14023757000. If you want to receive an email notification if your fax was successfully sent and/or failed, tap the Faxing Options button > tap the GoldFax Fax Options button > uncheck the box next to which notifications you do not want to receive > and type in your email addess. Last, tap the green Scan & Send Fax button.
I'm a faculty or staff member, how do I select my default printer on my office computer?
- To set the printer that first appears when you send a print job, open the Start menu on your office computer and select "Devices and Printers" from the right side of the menu. Next, right-click on the printer you want to make your default printer and select "Set as Default Printer".
What does the warning "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'PaperCut Client.lnk' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted of the network resourse is available, and then try again" mean?
- Either you are off campus and are trying to print using PaperCut or you are not connected to the WSC network WSC-Secure. To print from off campus, use Web Print. Try these help sheets if you are having problems connecting to the WSC network.
Last Updated: 10/25/2017