- View all help sheets
Help by technology
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Campus Cable TV
- Campus Telephone
- Cat Card
- Faculty/Staff/Student Email
- File Storage
- Game Rooms
- Get Connected (Wifi)
- Make Me Admin
- Multifactor Authentication (Duo)
- myEportfolio (Chalk & Wire)
- Office 365
- Online Student Resources
- PaperCut (Copy/Fax/Print)
- Rave (Campus Text Alerts)
- Room Schedule Displays
- SANS Security Training
- Valt (Classroom Video Recording)
- WSC Password
- Zoom (Video Conferencing)
Can't find what you're looking for in our help sheets?
Send a Print Job - Mac
1. In the document you want to print, select File then Print, to bring up the print dialog box. There will be a drop down menu to select a printer. Select which printer (i.e. HP_BW_FollowMe) you want to send the job to.
a. If you’re using Google Chrome and the WSC printers are not showing up, select the Print using system dialog option in the lower left.
The first choice is to print to the HP_BW_FollowMe@papercut-mac queue. These are HP printers that print only in black and white. These printers will be connected to a Release Station with a touch screen and card reader where you can tap your CatCard to log in and release your print jobs.
There will be one Release Station in each of the Residence Halls and one in Connell 127 connected to the HP_BW_FollowMe queue.
The second choice is to send your print jobs to the Sharp_BW_FollowMe@papercut-mac queue. If you send your print job to a Sharp FollowMe queue, you will release your print job by tapping your CatCard on the copier and selecting the print button on the connected touch screen. If you send your print job to the Sharp_BW_FollowMe queue your print job will print out in black and white on a Sharp B&W or a Sharp Color printer.
There are Sharp black and white printers available in the basement and on the first floor of US Conn Library. You can also print out a black and white print job on a Sharp Color printer located on the second floor of the US Conn Library.
The third option is to send your print job to the Sharp_Color_FollowMe@papercut-mac queue. Your print job will print out in color and will print only from a Sharp color printer.
Sharp Color printers are located on the second floor of the US Conn Library or in the Kanter Student Center Atrium.
The fourth and last option is to send your print job to the HP_Color_FollowMe@papercut-mac queue. Your print job will print out in color. These printers will be connected to a Release Station with a touch screen and card reader where you can tap your CatCard to log in and release your print jobs.
There will be only one Release Station in Connell 127 connected to the HP_Color_FollowMe queue.
2. The print dialog box is where you can change the print settings for the document you’re about to print. Select the settings such as the number of copies, two sided or one sided print, page range, how many slides per page if it’s a PowerPoint, etc., and click Print.
a. In some applications to select a two sided or a one sided print, select Copies & Pages, select Layout from the dropdown menu, and under Two-Sided select Long-Edge binding if you want it two-sided or off if you want one sided.
Note: Make sure the queue you choose has the "@papercut-mac" at the end.
3. In some cases it takes a few seconds, but another box will pop up, this time from PaperCut. If you haven’t logged into PaperCut recently it’ll ask you to log in.
4. Next, you’ll get a print job confirmation window with the option to select which budget code to charge for the print. For students, it is the Personal Account.
5. Select Print to send your print job to the printer.
6. Finally, once the job has been successfully submitted, PaperCut will send you a notification to let you know the job has been “released to your queue”.
Step 3. Release a Print Job to Print
For how to use a Release Station see Step 3: Release a Print Job to Print page.
Last Updated: 09/26/2018