- View all help sheets
Help by technology
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Campus Cable TV
- Cat Card
- Classroom Technology
- File Storage
- Get Connected (Internet)
- M365 (Office 365)
- Make Me Admin
- Multifactor Authentication (Duo)
- myEportfolio (Chalk & Wire)
- Office Technology
- Online Student Resources
- Outlook Email
- PaperCut (Printing)
- Rave (Campus Text Alerts)
- Room Schedule Displays
- SANS Security Training
- Valt (Classroom Video Recording)
- WSC Password
- Zoom (Video Conferencing)
How To Reduce Size of Video File
Format Factory (Windows)
Campus Computer Install
1. Open the Start menu and scroll down to Software Center.
2. Scroll down and click on Format Factory. Then, click Install.
3. Once Format Factory has been installed the program is always available on that computer and does not need to be installed again.
Personal Device Install
1. Go to pcfreetime.com
2. Click the Download (Site 1) and install the software.
Open Format Factory
Open Format Factory by clicking the Start button, scroll down the application list, click on the folder Video Editing Software. Then select Format Factory to open the program.
Make a video an MP4 file
1. Make sure the Video tab on the left is selected.
2. Drag video files into the Format Factory window. You can convert multiple files at one time.
3. Click the All to MP4 icon. Output Setting should be “Low quality and size.” Click OK. Browse to find the output folder you want the converted video to be sent to. Close the All to MP4 settings window. Once these settings have been made, Format Factory should retain them, so you won’t have to do this every time.
4. Click the Start button, top menu bar. The conversion can take several minutes, depending on the number and original size of the videos you are converting. When the conversion is completed, the converted videos will be stored in the output folder you specified.
iMovie is already preinstalled on any Mac purchased after 2014 or with macOS Mojave or newer on older devices. If you don't have iMovie already installed, search for it in the App Store on your device and select "Get" to download and install it.
Reduce the size of videos
1. Open iMovie from the Dock or applications folder.
2. Create a new project. Import the video you wish to convert to a .mp4 file into the project.
3. Make sure the video you just imported is selected, then click the share button in the top right of the iMovie window.
4. Select File as export option. From there you can give the video a name and select it's resolution (higher resolution results in larger file size but better quality video; the lower the resolution the lower the quality and file size).
5. Select Next to select a location to save your video. Use the drop down arrow to expand the Finder window for more options.
Your video will now be saved to your selected location formatted as an .mp4 file.
Please contact the Campus Service Center at 402-375-7107 or visit us in the library if you need further assistance
Last Updated: 12/4/2019