- View all help sheets
Help by technology
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Campus Cable TV
- Campus Telephone
- CAT CARD
- Faculty/Staff/Student Email
- File Storage
- Game Rooms
- Get Connected
- Make Me Admin
- Multifactor Authentication (Duo)
- myEportfolio (Chalk & Wire)
- O365 (Office 2016)
- OneDrive for Business
- Online Student Resources
- PaperCut (Copy/Fax/Print)
- Rave (Campus Text Alerts)
- Room Schedule Displays
- Sakai 11 (Sakai Online Education)
- Valt (Classroom Video Recording)
- WSC Password
- Zoom (Video Conferencing)
Can't find what you're looking for in our help sheets?
Instructor Help Sheet
Turnitin provides originality checking services. OriginalityCheck compares submitted papers for matches or similar text to information available in repositories used by Turnitin. The results of this comparison are displayed in a Similarity Report. Turnitin is used only in a Sakai course.
To add the Turnitin tool to a course:
1. Login to Sakai and open your course. In a Sakai class, go to Site Info > Edit Tools > add the Turnitin Tool. Name it whatever you want, or you can add a name later. Click Continue, and Finish.
Note: Only 1 assignment can be used in a Turnitin tool. To use Turnitin for a second assignment another Turnitin tool must be created. (Repeat step 1 for each assignment you want Turnitin to create a Similarity Report for.)
To create an Assignment in Turnitin:
1. Click on the Turnitin tool and select Settings.
2. Give the Assignment a Title.
3. Provide any instructions.
4. Set the Start/Due/Feedback Dates.
5. Set the Allow submission of any file type to yes.
6. Set Optional settings.
Note: A number of options, including resubmission, late submission acceptance and when or whether you want students to see the Similarity reports are available under Optional settings.
Resubmission Note: The first time a student submits a paper, the Similarity report is generated almost immediately; on resubmission, the report isn't generated until 24 hours later. It's a recycle process on the Turnitin end, where the original submission is cleared and the resubmission processed.
***Recommendation: With this setup of Turnitin, there's no real local storage of the students' papers, so it's recommended that you have the students turn papers in twice -- once through Turnitin, and once through Assignments. That way you can tie it to the gradebook and have an original copy of the assignment.
Last Updated: 06/05/18