- View all help sheets
Help by technology
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Campus Cable TV
- Campus Telephone
- CAT CARD
- Faculty/Staff/Student Email
- File Storage
- Game Rooms
- Get Connected
- Make Me Admin
- Multifactor Authentication (Duo)
- myEportfolio (Chalk & Wire)
- O365 (Office 2016)
- OneDrive for Business
- Online Student Resources
- PaperCut (Copy/Fax/Print)
- Rave (Campus Text Alerts)
- Room Schedule Displays
- Sakai 11 (Sakai Online Education)
- Valt (Classroom Video Recording)
- WSC Password
- Zoom (Video Conferencing)
Can't find what you're looking for in our help sheets?
Connecting Device to Wireless Access Point
This document will help you set up your network and help you set up your wireless internet connection to the WSC-Secure network. Windows 8 operating system is much different than previous versions but setting up an internet connection is not that hard. Just follow the steps below.
Before you begin, review these Windows 8 terms:
To Set up your Network WSC-Secure
1. Move your cursor to the top right of the screen until the charm bar pops out on the right, as shown below highlighted in red, and click the Settings charm.
2. Within Settings, click the Control Panel.
3. Within the Control Panel, click the Network and Internet link.
4. Within Network and Internet, click the Network and Sharing Center link.
5. Next, click the Set up a new connection or network link.
6. Then, select Manually connect to a wireless network.
7. Set up the wireless network by typing in the Network name (WSC-Secure) and selecting the Security type (WPA2-Enterprise). The W, S, C, and the S of secure are all capital letters.
8. Next, click the Change connection settings link.
9. Click on the Security tab at the top and then click on the Settings button about halfway down the window.
10. A new window will open. Uncheck the Verify the server’s identity by validating the certificate.
11. Last, click on the Configure button and make sure that box is Unchecked. Then, click OK twice until you get back to the WSC-Secure Wireless Properties box.
12. Within the WSC-Secure Wireless Network Properties box, click on the Advanced Settings button.
13. Within Advanced Settings, check the box Specify authentication mode.
14. Next, click on the Save credentials button. A new box will open.
15. Last, Enter your WSC username & password - Ex: josmit01
To Set Up an Internet Connection
1. Click on the Internet Access icon at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
2. A Network menu will appear on the right side with a list of your available networks. Click on WSC-Secure.
3. Next, click the Connect button.
4. Enter your username and password and click OK. Do not hit the enter key. It will not work. This information is the same as what you use to log in to eCampus or any computer on campus. You may have to enter your information and click OK twice in a row before the connection is made.
5. The computer will ask if you still want to connect. Click Connect.
6. The next window you will see is the computer searching for the network requirements.
7. Your computer should be connected to the internet at this point. If you see the image below check your network connection by clicking Close. You will be back to the list of available networks. Right-click on the WSC-Secure network and choose View connection properties. Use the steps at the beginning of the document to check your connection.
Please contact the WSC Help Desk, at (402) 375-7107, if you are still having problems connecting these devices.
Last Updated: 6/11/15