How Are We Doing? Questionnaire for Cooperating Teachers - Spring, 2010
Please take a few minutes and answer the following questions. Your feedback will be very helpful as we plan for next year. Please be candid - we need your open and honest opinion. Thanks!
1. Was this your first experience as a cooperating teacher working with a student teacher?
2. Was this your first experience with a student teacher from Wayne State?
3. Are you a Wayne State graduate?
4. Please indicate your familiarity with our conceptual framework: (goals and objectives)
Never heard of it
Heard of it, but don’t know what it is
Related to your role as a cooperating teacher...
5. Do you feel you were provided enough information about your role as cooperating teacher?
6. Would a brief training session have been helpful to you?
7. Do you feel you were provided adequate on-going support from the Field Experience Office during the experience?
8. Suggestions/comments for how we might improve training and support for you?
Related to the college supervisor...
9. Please provide the name of the college supervisor:
10. Did the college supervisor provide you with his/her contact information?
11. Did the college supervisor review with you the policies and procedures for WSC student teachers?
12. Did he/she make sufficient and timely observations of the student teacher?
13. Were the suggestions made by the college supervisor helpful to you and the student teacher?
14. Do you feel you were provided enough on-going support from the college supervisor(s)?
15. Suggestions/comments regarding the college supervisor:
Related to the Student Teaching Handbook…
16. Did you receive a copy?
17. Was the timing of when you received it okay?
No – would have liked it sooner
18. Did you read the Handbook?
19. If you did read it, was the material helpful?
20. Which do you prefer?
21. Suggestions for how we might improve the Student Teaching Handbook?
Related to the required evaluation forms…
22. Were the evaluation forms generally easy to understand?
23. Did the rating scale (0-4) seem to be an appropriate way to indicate competency?
24. Did the categories on the forms allow for a good picture of the candidate’s skills?
25. Suggestions for how we might improve the evaluation forms?
Related to the required observations and weekly conferences we ask you to complete...
26. We required weekly sit down conferences. Was that:
Not often enough
27. What are your thoughts about the required videotaping?
28. Did the observations/evaluations seem to work as tools for the improvement of teaching?
29. Suggestions for how we might improve the evaluation process?
Related to the requirements we have for student teachers…
Please rate the following requirements as to the usefulness for improving teaching:
30. Must write a detailed lesson plans.
31. Must write a reflection on each lesson presented.
32. Must keep a journal of student teaching experience.
33. Must maintain a student teaching notebook.
34. Must solo teach a minimum of 20 consecutive days.
35. Must complete a Teacher Work Sample.
36. Suggestions for how we might improve and/or make changes to these requirements?
Some general questions…
37. How about the length of the student teaching experience?
38. Was your student teacher:
K-12 (Health/PE or Art or Music)
39. Did the student teacher seem well-prepared for student teaching?
40. Where did you see gaps in preparedness?
(check all that apply)
41. Any suggestions for how we can better prepare our students for the ‘real world’ of teaching?
42. Any suggestions for how we can improve the student teaching experience?
43. Would you consider having a Wayne State student teacher in the future?