TASC - ITE Competition
Stair Stringer Layout
- Material will be provided for the layout of a stair stringer.
- The height from finish floor to finish floor will be given.
- The tread thickness will be given.
- The riser thickness will be given.
- You will need to provide a framing square.
- A carpenter’s pencil will be provided.
- This will be a timed event.
- The primary criteria will be how accurate the student comes to the precise layout of the stair stringer given the necessary measurement. You will be graded on the accuracy of the rise and run layout and the attachment of 2X4’s for mounting purposes.
- In the event of a tie, the amount of time taken to complete the estimate will be the tiebreaker.