TASC - ITE Competition
- The structure to be estimated will be provided as a printed AutoCAD drawing. The project will consist of poured concrete footings and poured concrete walls.
- The students will analyze the dimensions of the footings and walls and will determine the number of yards of concrete that will be needed to order to complete the concrete footings and foundation.
- A price per yard of concrete will be provided as well.
- You will be estimating the total number of yards needed and the costs.
- This will be a timed event.
- Scratch paper will be provided.
- A pencil will be provided.
- There will be no use of a calculator.
- The primary criteria will be how accurate the students come to the number of yards needed and the cost.
- In the event of a tie, the amount of time taken to complete the estimate will be the tiebreaker.