TASC - ITE Competition
COMPETITIVE EVENTS GUIDELINES
CAD contestants need to read requirements in Section III, G 2 and 4
To evaluate the contestant's skills and knowledge and to recognize outstanding students for excellence in the area of architectural drafting.
Open to students (grades 10-12) enrolled in architectural drafting classes.
III. SCOPE OF THE CONTEST
A. The contest will include a knowledge (written) and skills (drawing) test.
B. The knowledge portion may include, but is not limited to, the following:
1. Basic drafting techniques
2. Reading a scale and measurements
3. Drafting tools and nomenclature
4. Types of drawings
5. Special requirements for appliances
6. Special requirements for particular rooms
7. Common symbols (electrical and building materials)
C. The drawing requirements may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Floor plans
2. Foundation plans
5. Use of: (a) symbols, (b) equipment, or (c) drawing procedures
D. Appropriate Lettering
E. Finished work will be done on a CAD station.
F. Time limit will be 1-2 hours, as determined by the technical committee.