Participating Programs at WSC
The following RHOP programs are available at Wayne State College. Their expected time commitments and the number of limited positions are noted. Details about each program are listed after.
Clinical Laboratory Science
- You gain acceptance into UNMC clinical laboratory science program contingent upon satisfactory completion of the three
year undergraduate program at WSC.
- You will experience 11 weeks of basic laboratory classes at UNMC’s campus in Omaha during the senior year.
- You will receive the remaining nine months of your clinical education at one of the following sites: Grand Island, Hastings, Kearney, Norfolk or North Platte.
- The use of web-based course material enables students off campus to receive the same lectures and experiences as those students in Omaha. This arrangement enables students to complete all of their clinical education at a site serving arural community.
For WSC CLS information contact: Dr. Doug Christensen at firstname.lastname@example.org
For UNMC CLS information contact: Mrs. Karen Honeycutt at email@example.com
- You gain acceptance into UNMC’s College of Dentistry located in Lincoln upon satisfactory completion of the two-year undergraduate program at WSC.
- After successfully completing two years in the dental hygiene program, you receive your Bachelor of Science degree from UNMC
For WSC pre-dental hygiene information contact: Dr. Shawn Pearcy at firstname.lastname@example.org
For UNMC dental hygiene information contact: Mrs. Gwen Hlava, Professor and Chair, at 402-472-1433 or email@example.com
- RHOP students are guaranteed a position at UNMC’s College of Dentistry located in Lincoln upon satisfactory completion of the four-year undergraduate program at WSC.
- At WSC, students follow a specific curriculum which will prepare them for their dental studies at UNMC in Lincoln.
- Dental students from WSC are eagerly recruited by practicing Nebraska dentists.
For WSC pre-dental information contact: Dr. Shawn Pearcy at firstname.lastname@example.org
For UNMC dental information contact: Director of Admissions UNMC College of Dentistry at 402-472-1479 or Dr. Vogt
- You gain acceptance into UNMC’s College of Medicine located in Omaha upon satisfactory completion of a four-year undergraduate program at WSC.
- Upon successful completion of medical school you receive your Doctor of Medicine degree. To become certified to practice medicine, you would then complete a residency program.
- Accepted medical fields are: family medicine, general internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics/gynecology, general surgery and psychiatry.
For WSC pre-medical information contact: Dr. Todd Young at email@example.com
For UNMC medical information contact: Associate Dean for Admissions of Students UNMC College of Medicine at 402-559-2259 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- You gain acceptance into UNMC’s College of Nursing program at the Norfolk campus upon satisfactory completion of the two-year undergraduate program at WSC.
- After successfully completing two years in the nursing program, you receive your Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from UNMC and are qualified to take the NCLEX-RN, which is the national licensure examination for nursing.
- The BSN degree is a generalist degree, but with it, you are qualified to enter graduate school to become a nurse educator or nurse practitioner, or to pursue the nursing doctorate.
For WSC pre-nursing information contact: Dr. Glenn Kietzmann at email@example.com
For UNMC nursing information contact: College of Nursing at 402-844-7890
- You gain acceptance into UNMC’s College of Pharmacy contingent upon satisfactory completion of the three-year undergraduate program at WSC.
- You will obtain a Bachelor’s degree from WSC after completing one year of pharmacy school.
- A Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree will be awarded upon successful completion of four years at UNMC’s College of Pharmacy.
- Your fourth year at UNMC will be experience-based education through clerkships in a variety of clinical settings.
For WSC pre-pharmacy information contact: Dr. David Peitz at firstname.lastname@example.org
For UNMC pharmacy information contact: Dr. Christopher Shaffer at email@example.com or Dr. Keith Olsen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon successful completion of a four-year undergraduate program at WSC, you will enter UNMC’s physical therapy education
program in Omaha, NE.
- Your clinical instruction will be provided in the following settings: Hospitals and medical centers, home health care, private clinics,
and specialized practices in sports medicine and pediatrics.
- Upon successful completion of a three-year program at UNMC, you will receive a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree and be eligible to take
the national licensure exam. UNMC's graduates have consistently performed better than the national average on the licensure exam.
For WSC pre-PT information contact: Dr. Ronald Loggins at email@example.com
For UNMC PT information contact: Division of Physical Therapy Education at 402-559-4259 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- You gain acceptance to UNMC’s physician assistance program in Omaha, NE upon satisfactory completion of the four-year undergraduate program at WSC.
- You take a prescribed course of study for a Bachelor of Science degree from WSC before entering the P.A. class at UNMC.
- At UNMC, you will experience 13 months of basic medical science and pre-clinical courses followed by 15 months of supervised clinical education with physicians in rural Nebraska.
- Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a master of Physician Assistance Studies degree from UNMC.
For WSC pre-PA information contact: Dr. Mark Hammer at email@example.com
For UNMC PA information contact: Dr. Stephane VanderMeulen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Following successful completion of the two-year program at WSC, you will enter the radiography program at UNMC.
- You will have 21 months in basic health sciences and clinical study at UNMC.
- Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a Bachelor of Science degree in radiation science technology and are eligible to apply for the national certification exam for radiographers.
For WSC radiography information contact: Dr. Mary Ettel at email@example.com
For UNMC radiography information contact: Mrs. Christina Gregg at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Tanya Custer at email@example.com