Residence Halls - Check Out Procedures
Students are required to follow proper check-out procedures when moving out of a residence hall. When the following procedures are not followed, students may be subject to a 10% cancellation penalty of housing charges. Any check-out procedure issued by the Office of Residence Life at the end of a semester must also be followed.
- To prepare for checking out of your room, the portion of the room for which you are responsible must be cleared and clean.
- A staff member will compare the condition of the room with a Room Inventory Form that was completed when you moved into the room.
- Floors are to be swept. Lavatory areas, medicine cabinets, and closets are to be cleared of personal possessions and cleaned.
- Charges will be applied to the account if college staff are required to replace a bed - or other furniture - that was moved out by the student.
- Folding (Miller) beds are to be left in the "down" position.
- If you have rented a refrigerator from the college it must be cleaned and defrosted upon check-out.
- All room, mailbox, outside door and corridor keys must be returned to hall staff AT THE TIME OF CHECK OUT or there will be a charge for changing locks and issuing new keys.
- Staff will check all rooms for repair-replacement charges.
- Over long breaks, students are requested to close windows, turn out lights, unplug all electrical items and leave the door CLOSED AND LOCKED.