Wayne State Alumni Trip to Vietnam, Nov. 2-17, 2011
Published: 10-28-2010 3:25 pm
| View Full Trip Details |
A Wayne State Alumni trip to Vietnam has been organized for 2011. The trip begins in Hanoi in the northern part of the country and ends in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) in the southern part. See the old quarter of Hanoi, Ngoc Son Temple, 11th century One-Pillar Pagoda, Hoa Lo French built prison nicknamed the Hanoi Hilton, and the water puppet show to name only a few sights scheduled for this city.
Visit the city of Halong Bay with great scenery of surrounding farmlands of the Red River Delta, grottoes rising from the waters in the Gulf of Tonkin, cruise the bay, and see a floating fishing village. Visit the city of Ninh Binh to see Phat Diem Stone Cathedral; compare the architecture of the Asian pagodas and European church; appreciate the skillful techniques of Vietnamese artisans and more. Visit the city of Hue to see sights dating to the sights of the reign of the Nguyen Dynasty emperors: Imperial City modeled after the Forbidden City, temples and more. Take a dragon boat to the city of Hoi An and cruise the timeless Perfume River to the Thien Mu Pagoda; bus to the Tomb of King Kai Dinh and to the City of Danang to see the Cham museum; and visit the silk factory and market and more. Fly to Nha Trang to visit Vietnam's premier beach resort with many tourist attractions.
Fly to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), dominated by the Mekong Delta and surrounded by land that is composed of low lying rice paddies and the rivers bordered by dense mangroves and palms. Tour the city, see the Cu Chi district (80 kilometers from Saigon) to visit the famous tunnels and underground city and more.
- Stay in 4-star hotels and one night on board the BAI Tho Junk in Deluxe accommodations for two people in either twin beds or double bed.
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Domestic flight tickets: Hanoi to Hue; and Danang to Nhatrang; and Nhatrang - Saigon including domestic airport taxes.
- Boat cruises as specified in the program: in Tam Coc, Ha Long, Hue and Mekong. All boats will be fully licensed and comply with current safety regulations.
- Breakfast/lunch/dinner for most days: every day breakfast; all but one day lunch; 6 days dinner.
- English speaking guide.
- Entry fees for all visits to museum, etc.
- Visa arrangements to Vietnam.
Tour price for in country: $1,290 (without international airfare to Vietnam and back) Must coordinate with group itinerary if purchase airfare separately. Including international airfare total tour price: $3,200*.
*The airfare is an estimate and any savings will be passed on to the participants.
If you are interested in learning more about the Wonders of Vietnam Alumni Trip, please contact either Deb Lundahl (402 375-7209 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Phyllis Conner (402 375-7543 or email@example.com).