Nebraska State College System Tour to Help Students and Parents
WAYNE, Neb. (Aug. 25, 2008) - Wayne State College will participate in the official 2008 Nebraska State College System Tour at various locations in September.
Students and parents are welcome to take part in a 90-minute program about the college search process. Additional sessions will be hosted to assist guidance counselors, transfer advisors and TRIO staff when aiding students and their parents with the college search process.
The tour program will include scholarship information, important deadlines, literature, prizes and more. Separate sessions are designed for students, parents and counselors. Complimentary refreshments and meals are served. Please call ahead to reserve a seat for the program.
Session locations, dates and times include:
- Gering, Tuesday, Sept. 9 at 7 p.m. for ice cream sundaes and Wednesday, Sept. 10 at noon for lunch at the Gering Civic Center's Wildcat Room, 1050 M Street;
- Norfolk, Monday, Sept. 15 at 7 p.m. for refreshments and Tuesday, Sept. 16 at 8 a.m. for breakfast at the Divots' South Room, 4200 West Norfolk Avenue;
- South Sioux City, Tuesday, Sept. 16 at 7 p.m. for ice cream sundaes and Wednesday, Sept. 17 at 8 a.m. for breakfast at the Marina Inn's Amberly Room, 4th and B streets;
- Kearney, Wednesday, Sept. 17 at 7 p.m. for ice cream sundaes and Thursday, Sept. 18 for breakfast on at 7 a.m. at the Holiday Inn and Convention Center, 110 South Second Avenue;
- Lincoln, Monday, Sept. 22 at 7 p.m. for ice cream sundaes and Tuesday, Sept. 23 for breakfast at 8 a.m. at the Embassy Suites' Alumni Room, 1040 P Street;
- Omaha, Tuesday, Sept. 23 at 7 p.m. for ice cream sundaes and lunch at noon the Hilton's Castle Room, 1001 Cass
For more information, please contact Sheri Irwin-Gish at 402-471-2505 or firstname.lastname@example.org or www.nscs.edu and click on the "Your choice in '09'' button.