New to WSC - Student FAQs
- To ensure quick connectivity to the WSC network please take a few minutes to verify your computer is protected and clean before arriving on campus.
- Make sure your Operating system, Virus Protection, and Spyware/Adware protection is updated.
- For more information refer to Computer 101 – Protecting and Cleaning your Computer
- Recommended computer hardware and softwarecan be found here
- WSC students can select discounted computer bundles available through the MHEC (Midwest Higher Education Consortium) agreement. For more information on MHEC pricing click here. If you have questions regarding this information please contact the Help Desk.
- There are no additional fees for internet access in the residence halls.
- You will need one Ethernet network cable. Length will vary depending on where you place your computer and how you run the cable. Minimum of 5 feet is recommended.
- When first connecting to the network you will be asked to fill out a short survey and accept the WSC Residence Hall Computer and Network Terms and Conditions.
- If you have any problems refer to the following:
- Wireless Map
- The access points use the 802.11b/gwireless standard
- There are many labs available in many different buildings.
- Some are specialized for specific courses while others are for general use.
- The library has a general use computer lab, a multimedia computer lab, and notebooks that are available for checkout within the library.
- Your Network Login ID and password should have recently been mailed out to you. Click here for more information regarding Student Accounts
ecampus is our online web portal providing access to numerous campus services.
Changing of your password
Campus and Student Directory
- In an attempt to better protect your Network Account the password is set to expire every six weeks. A notice is sent to your Willy webmail account 7 days prior to expiration and upon logging into e-campus.