Student Employment - FAQs
What are some types of part-time positions available here at Wayne State College?
- Dorm Supervisor
- Grounds Crew
- Cleaning Crew
- Peer Tutor
- Stat Crew-Athletics
- Weight Room Worker
- Lab Monitor
- Game Official
- Phonathon worker and many more…..
What information is needed for my timecard?
- Complete name or employee
- Proper pay period recorded on timecard
- Employee number
- Signature of student
- Total number of hours worked per day (in increments of quarter hours only)
- Total hours per two weeks
- Signature of supervisor
Where do I pick up my paycheck?
Business Services Office, Hahn 104
May I work more than one position here at WSC?
Yes, but the total number of hours per week may NOT exceed 40 hours.
Do I have to fill out another part-time application if I return to work In that same office, same position the following year?
Yes, you will need to complete an application applicable for each budget year.
What does part-time work at WSC mean?
- It is a real job and an important one
- Be on time! If you must be late, call to inform your supervisor.
- Keep a daily, accurate account of the hours you work.
- Know who your supervisor is and what he/she expects of you.
- Respond willingly when asked to perform a task.
- Do not be afraid to ask for help when you are not sure of what you have to do.
- Confidentiality is critical in some offices, act accordingly.
- Assume responsibility for yourself as an employee.
- Remember, you are a representative of Wayne State College .