Wayne State College
Student Center, Rm. 103
1111 Main St.
Wayne, NE 68787
Coalition > Meeting Minutes > December 5, 2005
Toward Responsible Use of Substances Today
(TRUST) Coalition Minutes
- Jessica Benoit, Wayne Police Department;
- Lin Brummels, Counseling Center Director;
- Jeff Carstens, Assistant Dean of Students &
Residence Life Director;
- Kelly Heithold, Northeast Nebraska Public Health
- Kathy Mohlfeld, Counseling Center;
- Jason Mrsny, Campus Security;
- Lacey Schwochow, Student Senate;
- Michelle Waldecker, SADD group.
Two low-cost training opportunities in creating environmental
change in college towns regarding alcohol and drug problems
are being offered by The Network in February and April,
see file. We need at least 4 people to sign up to attend.
Please reply to Kathy Mohlfeld by January 12, 2006 if you
would like to attend. The Counseling Center offered to pay
the registration fee for those interested in attending.
Education and Information Report:
- Chairperson needed for this group.
- Letter and brochure being sent to faculty asking
them to plan AOD prevention activities into their
syllabi for next semester.
- Kathy did an Alcohol Poisoning Prevention educational
program for Lisa Riefenraths’s Succeeding
In College class on December 1. Greek Council will
receive the program in February. Residence Life
will also receive the training next semester.
- The Student Activities Board is bringing the
Drunk Driving Simulator
to campus. Kathy will contact Ashley Weede, SAB
- Contact Kathy Mohlfeld at 375-7321 for more information
- Sending a letter to parents of those turning
21 warning of birthday bar crawls. SADD already
sends a postcard to the college student having the
21st birthday. Nearly 300 students turn 21 between
September and April at WSC.
Policy and Enforcement:
- Next Wildcat Wheels Safe Ride meeting is 12/9/2005
at 3:00 p.m. in the Counseling Center.
- Wildcat Wheels November averages:
Total #’s through November
- *This last Thursday we had 70 calls and 177 passengers.
- Wildcat Wheels yard signs- Norfolk Beverage volunteered
to make new signs for us
- Three new magnetic signs were made for the cabs.
- Lacey Schwochow, Dispatch Coordinator, is graduating
this month. Brian Wiese will fill that position.
We are in process of hiring another dispatcher/
- Students wanting to participate in committee, please
contact Lin Brummels for more information at 375-7557,
or stop by SC 103.
- No report.
Upcoming meetings: To be determined.
Contact the Counseling Center at 402-375-7321 or email@example.com
if you have any suggestions or concerns for the TRUST Coalition.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world." ----Margaret
Ron Vick, MA, LPC
Counselor / Academic Advisor
Int'l Student Advisor