Wayne State College
Student Center, Rm. 103
1111 Main St.
Wayne, NE 68787
Coalition > Meeting Minutes >
March 20, 2003
Toward Responsible Use of Substances Today
(TRUST) Coalition Minutes
March 20, 2003 at 3:30 p.m., Cottonwood Room
Yellow Dress Program
- Tonight at 6:00 p.m., Ley Theater
- The Yellow Dress is funded in part or in full
by the Nebraska Child Abuse Prevention Fund Board,
WSC Counseling Center, Catholic Newman Center, Notre
Dame Sisters of Omaha, and Haven House.
Be Responsible About Drinking (BRAD) Program
- 3/21/03-Frey Conference Room at 7:00 p.m.
- Funded by NCAA, SAB, Counseling Center, Athletic
Department and Student Health
- WSC-Peer Educators Network is assisting and distributing
Informational/contact flyer for TRUST Coalition-Vic
Reynolds class project is in process. We hope to have
the finished product for the next meeting.
Updates from Workgroups/Committees-please join
a committee if have not yet done so:
- Policy & Enforcement Report:
- Safe Ride Program-Nebraska Bus Company in Wayne
will not be able to provide the service for insurance
reasons. Jason Mrsny is now contacting First Class
Security of Sioux City, IA and also a shuttle
in South Sioux City, NE.
- The article regarding the Safe Ride Program
on WSCunderground.com was discussed
and Mrsny cleared up incorrect information. Mrsny
emphasized that the intention of the program is
a safe ride home from the bar, not to encourage
high risk drinking.
- Neighborhood Relations Report: next meeting
4/15/2003 at 4:00 p.m.
- Door tags-examples from UN-L and University
of Albany-SUNY are in the process of being modified
for WSC. We are considering versions for on- and
- Education & Information Report:
- During the first week in April, Heather Hein
and Dr. Keith Willis will be doing the Leisure
Activities Survey regarding WSC social norms.
The goal is to survey 600 students.
- The winners of the essay contest were announced
during half time of the last womens basketball
game half time.
- Social Environment Report:
- A mock-up of the So what is there to do
in Wayne, America? flyer is ready for review.
It will be given to new students during summer
Next Meeting: Thursday, April 17, 2003 at 3:30
p.m. in the Cottonwood Room.
Please contact Kathy Mohlfeld at 375-7557 or firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any suggestions, questions, or concerns
for the TRUST Coalition.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world." Margaret
Ron Vick, MA, LPC
Counselor / Academic Advisor
Int'l Student Advisor