Coalition > Meeting Minutes >
January 31, 2003
Toward Responsible Use of Substances Today
(TRUST) Coalition Minutes
January 31, 2003
3:00 p.m., Goldenrod Room
Present: Dan Baddorf, Mark Bignell, Lin Brummels, Jenni
Chleboun, Anne Collins, Curt Frye, Jason Karsky, Kathy
Mohlfeld, Jason Mrsny, Ron Vick, Joe Wall, Lance Webster
Core 2003 class surveys begin in February - example
was passed around.
Yellow Dress Program (college partner violence and alcohol),
announced for Thursday, 3/20/03 at 6:00 p.m. in Ley Theatre.
Be Responsible About Drinking (BRAD) program information
passed around, check out www.brad21.org
- $300.00 away from bringing the program on 3/21/03-SAB
might help fund
- NCAA, Counseling Center, Athletic Department, Student
Health are the sponsors
Need to create an informational/contact flyer for TRUST
Coalition- Kathy will see if Vic Reynolds' class would do
Okay to distribute member contact sheet/group information?
Members present agreed that it is okay to make up a contact
Updates from Workgroups/Committees - please join a
committee if not already active in a group
Policy & Enforcement Report:
- Safe Ride Program-Karsky and Mrsny reported that
the committee met this week. Karsky is sending a
letter to Dr. Stearns explaining the reasoning behind
their suggestions for the shuttle. He is also looking
into security guard services for the shuttle. A
Thursday night pilot run of the shuttle may happen
- White House Drug Policy following the State of
the Union address passed around.
- Simera Reynolds of MADD has asked to come to our
next meeting with Trooper Price to talk about safety
- Example of priority legislative bills passed around-Webster
clarified several of the issues regarding the bills.
Neighborhood Relations Report:
- No report. Next meeting is 2-11-03 at 4:00 p.m.
in the Goldenrod Room of the Student Center.
Education & Information Report:
- Student writing competition winners have been
- Survey draft is ready and open to suggestions.
Frye recommended that it be titled something other
than Student Activities Survey so that
it would not cause confusion. They plan to begin
the survey in a month.
- Children of Alcoholics Week is February 10-16,
Social Environment Report:
- A draft of the What is there to do in Wayne,
America? brochure was sent around for suggestions.
- Next meeting is Monday, Feb. 3 at 3:00 p.m. in
Elaine Baloghs office.
Next Meeting: Thursday, 2/13/2003 at 3:30 p.m. in
theCottonwood Room. Check the TRUST Coalition website
for minutes of meetings.
Please contact Kathy Mohlfeld at 375-7557 or email@example.com
if you have any suggestions, questions, or concerns
for the TRUST Coalition.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world." Margaret
Ron Vick, MA, LPC
Counselor / Academic Advisor
Int'l Student Advisor