Wayne State College
Student Center, Rm. 103
1111 Main St.
Wayne, NE 68787
Coalition > Meeting Minutes >
February 13, 2003
Toward Responsible Use of Substances Today
(TRUST) Coalition Minutes
February 13, 2003 at 3:30 p.m., Cottonwood Room
Be Responsible About Drinking (BRAD) Program
o- Thursday, 3/21/03-Frey Conference
Room at 7:00 p.m.
o- Funded by: NCAA, SAB, Counseling
Center, Athletic Department and Student Health
- Policy & Enforcement Report:
- Safe Ride Program-Curt Frye has mentioned the
work of this committee to President Stearns. Mrsny
and Karsky are working on a follow-up memo to
Stearns. Mrsny has researched security services
for the evening shuttle service.
- Simera Reynolds of MADD will be coming to our
next meeting with Trooper Price
- Neighborhood Relations Report: Next meeting is
- Voluntary Tavern Owner Advertisement Agreement-[avoid
low price promotions that encourage irresponsible
drinking (theme nights, happy hours, bladder busters,
etc.)] example was discussed. We will look into
bringing Bob Jergens, P.O. Pears owner, from Lincoln
to Wayne to address the group and invite the local
tavern owners. It would also be a good experience
for several of Jeff Meyer's fall semester Sport
- Door tags-getting examples from UN-L and University
of Albany-SUNY; considering on- and off-campus
distribution (Neighbors of college students are
135% more likely to suffer public disturbances)
- Education & Information Report:
- Student writing competition winners-Drew Caskey
1st; Brian Husbands 2nd; Justin Conley 3rd place.
Drew and Brian were present for the award and
had their picture taken by College Relations.
- Topic: "In what ways can WSC students play
a positive role - emphasizing respect for the
law and personal responsibility - when it comes
to their choices about partying and drinking alcohol?"
- Social Environment Report: Next meeting is Monday,
2-17-03 at 3:30 p.m.
- Draft of the social activities flyer passed
around. We are working on getting a work study
position in place to keep the flyer updated and
a website functional for the fall semester.
Next Meeting: Thursday, March 20, 2003 at 3:30 p.m. in
the Cottonwood Room.
Please contact Kathy Mohlfeld at 375-7557 or email@example.com
if you have any suggestions, questions, or concerns
for the TRUST Coalition.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world." Margaret
Ron Vick, MA, LPC
Counselor / Academic Advisor
Int'l Student Advisor