Wayne State College
Student Center, Rm. 103
1111 Main St.
Wayne, NE 68787
Alcohol & Other Drug (AOD) Information
— Alcohol Education & Self-Discovery Resources:
The Power of Parenting website provides you with valuable information and resources to help you talk to your sons and daughters about alcohol as they prepare to come to our campus, including:
- Facts about the drinking culture at Nebraska colleges.
- Suggestions for successful communication about alcohol use.
- Ways to improve your relationships with your students.
"We Agree" Campaign: A collaborative effort between Wayne State College and Northeast Community College to reduce disruptive parties and high-risk drinking. Resources available:
- Off-Campus Living Guide: A resource covering leases, safety, landlord and tenant responsibilities, housing & fire codes, renter's insurance, utilities connection, and community standards including alcohol-related violations and penalties. Download the guide.
- We Agree Poster. Download the poster...
- TRUST Coalition "We Agree" page (Photo, news coverage, etc.)
— Alcohol and Drug Education Class Providers:
*NOTE: Time, cost and location of classes may have changed since this list was created, so call in advance to confirm information. Also be aware that some organizations may cancel classes due to low enrollment.
Behavioral Health Specialists - 402-370-3140
Link for current Alcohol Education class information at Behavioral Health Specialists: www.4bhs.org/Outpatient/Education.aspx
Morningside Counseling Services - 712-281-4068
South Sioux City, IA
Usually once a month on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Wayne State College Counseling Center -
One class a semester (not in the summer).
2:30-9:00 PM, usually on Tuesdays.
*Call the agency to verify that the class will be held and to register in advance.
— WSC Alcohol Recovery Resources:
— Related Alcohol & Other Drug (AOD) Resources:
Ron Vick, MA, LPC
Counselor / Academic Advisor
Int'l Student Advisor