Financial Aid Information
Note: These are specific to Community Learning
In order to be eligible for any financial aid awarded by the College, federal, state, and most private aid programs, students are required to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Completing this application early will benefit all students. Wayne State College has a priority deadline of April 1. Apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Graduate students are only eligible to receive unsubsidized loans through the Federal Stafford Loan Program. These loans accrue interest while the student is enrolled. To be eligible, students must be in a degree-seeking program, enrolled at least half-time in each semester, and make satisfactory progress toward a degree.
You must have a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to sign the FAFSA form electronically. If you do not have a PIN, you can apply for one at www.pin.ed.gov before beginning the online FAFSA. You may request to have the PIN displayed on your screen to use in signing the FAFSA the same day or request that it is emailed to you. If you request an email, you will receive your PIN within a few days, and then you can electronically sign your FAFSA when you submit your information.
You will need the following information to complete the FAFSA:
- Your Social Security number;
- Your driver’s license number if you have one;
- Your Alien Registration Number if you are not a U.S. citizen;
- 2013 Federal tax information or tax returns (including IRS W-2 information) for yourself (and for your spouse if you are married).
- Records of untaxed income, such as Social Security benefits, welfare benefits (e.g; Temporary Assistance for Needy Families [TANF] and veterans benefits, for yourself) and spouse if you are married.
- Information on savings, investments, and business and farm assets for yourself (and spouse if you are married).
NOTE: If you are filing the 2014-2015 FAFSA, you will need 2013 tax returns. This FAFSA applies to Fall 2014 and Spring/Summer 2015.
If your FAFSA is selected for verification by the Department of Education, you will be required to submit addiitonal documents. Once your file is complete and reviewed, WSC will nofify you with instructions on how to access your award package through our WildcatsOnline system. Watch your WSC email for ALL notifications.
WARNING!!! Be wary of organizations charging a fee to submit your application or to find you money for school. In general, the help you pay for can be obtained for free from your school or from the U.S. Department of Education.