- Encourage your child to visit Career Services for assistance with the job search process.
- Advise your student to star building their resume as a freshman.
- Challenge your student to explore several careers and industries.
- Allow your student to make their own career decisions.
- Emphasize the importance of internships and cooperative education opportunities.
- Encourage extracurricular activities to enhance their resume.
- Expose your child to the working world (introduce them to your professional contacts and careers).
- Stress the importance of networking for future employment opportunities.
- Parents as Employers: Hire a Wayne State Student