• Study the advance list of employers so you can plan to meet representatives you are definitely interested in.
• Prepare questions about the organization or about the fields they represent.
• Introduce yourself in a positive and confident manner. Smile, project enthusiasm, and offer a firm handshake.
• Take a notebook and keep track of
organizations, names and information you want to remember. Collect business cards and literature.
• Approach employers even if they haven't listed your field of interest. Many
organizations are diverse or they may be able to direct you to the right contact person.
• Students should distribute resumes liberally.
• Speak to as many representatives as possible. After visiting with your targeted employers, talk to officials from other organizations. You are there to learn and make contacts.
• HAVE FUN & make the most out of the day!